- Specializing in the full range of adult problems:
- Attention, Depression, & Bipolar Disorders.
- Schizophrenia skillfully managed.
- OCD, Anxiety, Phobias, & Personality Disorders.
- Neuropsychiatric problems evaluated & treated.
- Hospital discharge follow up & after care.
- Consultation & Second Opinions.
- Complete, thorough medical psychiatric evaluations.
- Solid diagnoses, criteria based.
- Individualized treatment plans, evidence based.
- (Much greater detail in FAQ)
- Initial Evaluation - Major Elements
- Alternative Medicine?
- No Treatment = Best Treatment?
- Deeper inquiry (see FAQ).
- Mental status examination.
- Other tests, if needed (lab, etc.).
- Many symptoms most efficiently treated with medication.
- Very subtle neurochemical changes cause symptoms.
- Medication to balance, complement neurochemistry, symptoms resolve.
- Selection, prescription, unique, tailored to you.
- Make sense of troubling aspects of life.
- Control of certain behavior patterns.
- (aka psychotherapy, talk-therapy)
- Psychoanalysis, 4 or 5 sessions per week for years.
- Unique and creative, designed for you.
- May be combination of medication, psychotherapy.
- Needs will change over course of treatment.
- Medications may help resolve symptoms.
- Therapy to understand, change reaction to stresses.
5. Alternative Medicine?
- I am happy to discuss your ideas.
6. No Treatment = Best Treatment?
- Initial visit makes obvious: no treatment needed.